Thursday, November 13, 2008

CUFF 2008

Club Sectionals 2007.

That was my last tournament.

Wow. Early September 2007.

I can't even explain how excited I am for this tournament. More for myself than anything. I've been dying to play Ultimate competitively and can't wait.

It's been over a year since my last tournament, but I can still look at how my game has changed. I've become a lot more aggressive and I'm a lot more patient. My throws, especially my hucks and deep game, have gotten better. I've really focused on my fakes and release. And for me, I think they've really improved.

I'm ready.

As for the rest of the team...we're looking good. I've narrowed down the starting 5 for the O line, but still haven't figured out the next two. Practice was rough today with 3 of our starting handlers sitting out, so I'm not sure what to do. We put some guys into positions they're not comfortable with, but that's part of the game. We need guys to step into big positions whenever our stars go down. Most of the struggles started with the handlers and not positioning themselves. That shouldn't be a problem come Saturday morning, however, with our starting handlers back.

We're bringing 17 guys with us. And it's essentially split down the middle between O and D lines, which is good. We still have a lot to learn, but this a huge step in becoming a good team. A lot of these guys are out to prove something this fall and spring.

And they know it.

That's great to see. And I'm so pumped to be a part of it.

P-I-T-T

No comments: