Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can you hear that? Pittsburgh's calling.

So, here's the Forge update: I still don't know.

Basically, the captains (Ben and Rob) have made their selection of guys for the team. Right now, the roster consists of 20 guys. Because I couldn't make the two previous tryout tournaments, I was given an extended tryout. Ben and Rob never said they'd take me, but they never said they wouldn't. Basically, my performance on the field and off the field workouts are going to decide whether they take 21 guys with them or leave it at 20.

Yeah, so, it's mid-July and I'm still not sure if I've made the Pittsburgh's club team yet. That doesn't bother me, though, because it only makes me want to work harder. I want Forge to want me on their team because they know I can bring something to them. It's how I'm approaching the situation and the team itself.

Because of this, my extended tryout was essentially this past weekend at Forge practice. Despite most of the guys being slightly hungover because of a party the night before, I felt that I had my best Forge practice/tryout to date. It was the first time that I felt confident a Forge practice. Playing against the best players in Pittsburgh didn't seem to phase me and I took chance when I felt the time was right and I gave it my all on defense.

Guess what. It paid off.

I caused a few turnovers on defense and score a couple goals. I also had a nice full field huck for a score during one of the scrimmages. It was a good feeling and now it leaves me hopeful for what my next step might be in terms of club Ultimate.

As always, I'll update as soon as I know more about my stay with Forge.

P.S. I know I said I'd post an update about coaching and Impulse, but I got busy with work. It's on my to-do list (thanks, Google) and hopefully there will be one in the next day or two.

No comments: