Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nationals schedule

UPA released the seedings and schedule for Nationals. We land a No. 10 spot. That's pretty much where I expected us to be. Had we not lost to Cornell in Regionals, I'd assume we'd be higher, but we couldn't be placed higher than whatever seed Cornell got (they ended up at No. 8).

But let this be said: I think this is the best possible pool we could've landed in. Colorado is the top team in our pool, followed by Wisconsin, then us, Michigan and then Texas State. We've beaten three of the four teams in our pool already this season. We know that we can beat these guys. It'll just come down to execution and mental focus. I also think playing Michigan and Texas State is a good way to start the competition on Thursday, before we take on Wisconsin and then Colorado on Friday.

Edit: I somehow missed that the No. 3 seed from the pool still makes the pre-quarters of the championship bracket. We don't need to finish higher, but we can and should.

Alright, that's about as much speculation as I'm going to do. There's still time to get some work done.

Pitt vs. Texas State to open Nationals.

Wow. I can't believe after four years, I'll finally be playing at Nationals. That feels good to say. It'll be even better to play.

The men's schedule is here.
The women's schedule is here. Danger lands a No. 12 seed and will be the third seed from the top bracket.

No comments: