Saturday, May 2, 2009

Impulse 2009

About a month ago I applied to become the coach of the 2009 Impulse team. I didn't get it.

A couple weeks later, I reapplied to become the assistant coach of the 2009 Impulse team. Got it.

I'm pumped.

I've always wanted to coach an Ultimate team and what better way to start than a championship-caliber (they lost on universe last year) youth team from Pittsburgh?

To make this a quick post, basically Nick and I talked an extra 15-20 minutes after my interview the other day about coaching and player development. And, despite having never coached before, Nick and I have a very similar philosophy and we agreed on everything that it takes to coaching a youth club team to a national championship.

National championship and Pittsburgh are all you need to know now.

"Tryouts" will be taking place soon. I'll be updating.

No comments: