Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Spring Season and Drinking

I've seen guys puke at Saturday and Sunday morning practices because they drank the night before.

I've seen guys look like they're dying at Saturday and Sunday morning practices because they drank the night before

And I've seen a fair share of out of shape people - not necessarily on our team - because they do a lot of drinking.

Since my personal goal for this season is to be in the best shape I can be, I've decided to significantly reduce my drinking. It's actually been on a decline over the past few months. I ended the fall semester with a bang, but the spring semester is going to be even more controlled. I think a lot of it will have to do because of weekend practices, but a lot will also have to do with my own self-control to stay in shape and just not really feel even slightly hungover the next morning.

Now, that's not to say I won't go out and have a drink or two at a party or at the bar, but late night and excessive drinking are really going to be limited.

I've saved three days for longer nights of heavier drinking:
1. The beer pong tournament
2. St. Patty's day
3. My birthday

No comments: